I know we hear it all the time, whether from our doctors, our mothers, or even our nutritionists… Eat your greens! Yes those dark green leafy ones, not the iceberg 80% water version. Kale is the best way to ingest Calcium, Beta Carotene, Vitamins C and K. I’ve discovered that the best way to eat this vegetable is by way of CHIP or by way of SMOOTHIE. Yes you read correctly! The Chip version of Kale is actually quite delicious.
RECIPE FOR KALE CHIPS
1 Bunch of Kale
1 Tbsp. of Salt
3 Tbsp. of Butter
1/2 Tbsp. of garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Wash the Kale and cut away from the tough stems so that you are just left with the leaf part.
3. Rip the leafs into bite size pieces, about the size of your thumb.
4. Dry the pieces and scatter across a non-stick baking sheet.
5. Drizzle the olive oil overtop of the kale and sprinkle with the salt and garlic powder.
6. Bake the kale until crisp.
7. Remove and enjoy!
RECIPE FOR KALE BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE (The Blueberries add anti-oxidants to the mix!)
1. Handful of Washed Kale
2. Half a Pint of Blueberries
3. Half a Cup of Fat Free Yoghurt
4. About a tsp. of water to mix
1. Pre-chop the Kale so that your blender doesn’t have to do all the work
2. Add all the ingredients to your blender
3. Blend well, until smooth consistency and enjoy!
(Add a spoonful of Golden Flax and this smoothie is so healthy I might have to remove my Kernels post)